Friday, April 24, 2009

Humboldt Park Ride

Yesterday, I rode down through Logan Square, past Palmer Square and south to Humboldt Park. I mapped my route in a custom Google Map. I saw quite a few public murals which I plan to document in a return trip this afternoon.

This trip took me through the following community areas:
West Ridge (2) - The North Shore Channel Path is in West Ridge from Hood to Bryn Mawr.
Lincoln Square (4) - The North Shore Channel Path is in Lincoln Square from Bryn Mawr to Lawrence.
Albany Park (14)
Irving Park (16)
Avondale (21) - I got confused where Kedzie meets the Kennedy and went west by mistake.
Logan Square (22) - I stopped a woman on the street at Wrightwood and asked her for directions. Luckily, I wasn't too far off and I just went back east on Wrightwood for a couple blocks and ended up right at the Logan Square pillar.
Humboldt Park (23) - I'm including the Humboldt Park neighborhood on the list because I rode through Humboldt Park (the park itself). However, it appears that Humboldt Park isn't officially in the Humboldt Park neighborhood. It's in West Town. Technically, I only rode along the eastern border of the neighborhood. I'll have to come back and revisit Humbolt Park proper.
West Town (24), including Paseo Boricua, a predominantly Puerto Rican neighborhood
North Center (5)

Andreis Scheinkman has used Google Maps to reproduce the entire Chicago Bike Map. It loads somewhat slowly on my computer, but if you're patient, it's a great resource.

No comments:

Post a Comment