Monday, June 29, 2009

Chicago Community Area #60 - Bridgeport

On my way back from Douglas/Bronzeville, I went west and passed through Bridgeport, Mayor Daley's home neighborhood. As I rode west on 33rd I came across a yard sale at 3256 S. Union. Well, it was more of a sidewalk sale than a yard sale. Many of the homes and townhouses in that area come right up to the sidewark, so there's not much of a yard. I bought a science kit that promises to show you 100 experiments that you can do with an empty 2 liter bottle (included) cut in half.

I love doorways in general and I thought the doorway on this building was especially interesting. There are a hodgepodge of styles including the classical original frame, brickwork filler and a modern door with an art deco glass motif. Notice the 1897 date above the door.

No comments:

Post a Comment