Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Chicago Community Area #19 - Belmont Cragin

I continued riding west on Armitage until it turned into Grand. At Grand and Long, I could see Prosser Career Academy. The high school has a beautiful, columned entrance, but unfortunately, an addition has been built on to the building that blocks the former entrance. I don't know if students can enter through the original doors, but I couldn't find a way to get close enough to photograph it. Instead, I went further west to Central Ave and south up the bridge over the railroad tracks. From there, I could almost get a photo of the original face of the building.

The field around the school is huge and includes several baseball diamonds, playgrounds and Hanson Stadium. The Chicago Police Grand Central district headquarters is at the corner of Grand and Central where I took this photo.

At the far west side of Belmont Cragin, where Grand meets Fullerton, the Radio Flyer Company has a giant red wagon in front of the their building.

No comments:

Post a Comment